Thursday, February 14, 2013

Holidays are the Worst

In the morning, feeling hopeful
fantisizing of a day full of fun and cheer
feeling a little superior to single women whom must celebrate alone

At noon, a little nervous
worried about offending him
confused about the coldness in his voice when he speaks (which is rare)

By six, my heart is pounding
My thoughts go back and forth
Help him to cool down? or give up?- you know its going to happen anyway

At ten I go to bed
I made sure that the house was immaculate
The kids are at Grandmas until Tuesday
I am tired and on edge

As I close my eyes to drift off into sleep
"Aren't you forgetting something, wife?"
Oh my goodness he wants a good night kiss!

I don't respond fast enough for him so he pulls my hair
to bring my face to his lap and he holds me there
until he gets what he wants

At the end, he says the only nice thing that I hear from him today, "Happy Valentines Day"

-Anonymous







1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to the individual who submitted this. Please know that others have experienced what you are going through and that there is help for you when you are ready,

    Please stay in touch

    ReplyDelete