Wednesday, February 6, 2013

We Are Going To Deal With Domestic Violence in the Black Community

I am on a mission to improve services offered to women in abusive relationships in hopes of saving lives.

  • I want to deal with the problems of protection orders
  • I want to change discrimination in shelters
  • I want hospital staff to be trained better to help battered women
  • I want to make sure that our community and society recognizes domestic violence when it is present

I am going to expose abuse that happens to black women on all income and educational levels. I think that domestic violence is hidden in the suburbs and ignored in the hood and that is why it persists in our community.


Help me to help others. If you are a professional African American woman who has left an abusive relationship AND you are willing to share your story so that I can learn from you how you did got out, email me. tdemisse81@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment